The Office of Institutional Research and Decision Support at VCU consists of two units: Enterprise Analytics and Advanced Research, and Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
Empower decision makers, enhance institutional effectiveness and maintain compliance through accurate, accessible, and actionable data and analyses.
Facilitate a complete view of information use and consumption to become VCU’s “go-to” partner for planning and decision support.
Excellence through integrity, collaboration, and innovation supported by diverse skills, perspectives, and experience.
Our operational work revolves around compliance reporting, information access, and accreditation. A sampling of common university functions completed by our office are listed below:
- Compile and submit IPEDS and other compliance reporting for regional, state, and bodies
- Support, enhance, and report on student learning outcomes and administrative support services assessment
- Structure and administer the institution’s strategic plan
- Connect internal and external stakeholders with institutional data and research
- Structure and administer institutional survey data use and protocols
Our strategic work focuses on achieving institutional priorities in collaboration with partners across the university. A sampling of current strategic efforts - done in collaboration with our university partners - is listed below:
- Establish, implement, and monitor the university’s administrative assessment activities to ensure transparency and strategic alignment of institutional priorities and funds
- Connect the university community with institutional research data through self-service portals and division-level dashboards to empower data-informed decision-making
- Establish, implement, and support an expanded, integrated planning model to ensure alignment among the major university functions with strategic priorities
- Establish, implement, and support the university’s data and information management efforts to expand access to accurate, and timely information
- Establish, implement, and support the institutional survey strategy to ensure use and access